PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

August 6, 2008

Paula Abdul said it best... " I take two steps forward, I take two steps back..."

Well today started out GREAT! Micah's doctor allowed him to begin eating solid food because his levels were down. She also took him off the intense pain medication and placed him on Vicodin. The doctor said as long as he was able to eat food at lunch and dinner with out irritation, he would be discharged after dinner! Yay!
THEN LUNCH CAME!!!!
After eating his lunch, Micah experienced intense pain. He was doubled over in pain and could not walk with out assistance. The doctor put him back on a clear liquid diet and back on the intense pain medication. She also required him to stay another night. So We are two steps back now. He is back on medications, and back to no food (not to mention not coming home!) Well tomorrow is another day, right? Maybe Papa will be home tomorrow! :) If you could say a little prayer that bed time goes smooth tonight. I would really appreciate it. After our 1.5 hour long battle last night between the children and myself, I am hoping for a much better transition tonight! Thanks for all the prayers and I will update as soon as I know any other information about Micah! Talk to you all soon!

2 comments:

Karrie said...

Micah - We're praying for you - get better soon!!!!

Stacey - you need to start taperecording things he says while on those mind-altering meds!!

Anonymous said...

We love you all and will be praying for Micah, good sleepers, and a moment today for your Stacey to have some peace and quiet.
Leah and Jacob (David working)