It has been a crazy winter here in Michigan. Yesterday we had a 50 degree day! The kids and I decided to take full advantage of it and went for a walk as soon as they got home from school. Of course this past weekend was the day I took all the bikes out to the back shed figuring we wouldn't be using them again until spring. So, instead of riding bikes the kids decided to roller blade. Hailey got roller blades for Christmas and she was dying to try them out on the real sidewalks! (She has been skating in circles for the last 2 weeks in our basement or roller blading around our house every night. She really likes our hardwood floors and skating on them.) Sophia is just learning to skate... she is doing well for her first time! My friend Deb gave Sophia her daughter's old roller-skates to use. She was so excited. Dylan rode his sister's old bike he had made me spray paint blue this summer. It turned out HORRIBLE as you can tell from the photos and was waiting to be put it out for the trash. All the kids had a great afternoon!
Normally I hate Michigan winters... I hate snow and I don't like the cold. I wish it could stay like this the rest of winter: It's wonderful enjoying 50 degrees and rollerblading around the block.













No comments:
Post a Comment