PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

May 12, 2009

Man-A-Live that is a huge set of Manatees

We had another fantastic day today. We spent most of the day relaxing by the pool. I think I swam for over 4 hours today! Sophia is still running a fever tonight, it went down during the morning due to the Tylenol we gave her but came back during the afternoon. She is feeling pretty sick still and she keeps saying her tummy hurts. We are praying she feels back to her normal self tomorrow. She fell asleep right after lunch today and slept on the couch most of the afternoon. Dylan kept trying to wake her up! hahaha!
This afternoon we also bought a new swim toy that Dylan loves!
He is sooooo stinking cute! I love this kid!
So some people say Dylan looks just like his dad... you be the judge... :) Micah LOVES it here (as do the rest of us). He has been loving all the sun, relaxation, and family time. I took this picture of him this afternoon and I think it is one of the only pictures I have of him where you can see his eyes! :) He has such squinty eyes! :) Sophia has inherited those eyes! :)
This afternoon I thought I would walk around the apartment and take a few snapshots of the condo... I took 2 before I stumbled upon TWO HUGE manatee right off our dock on the Sarasota Bay side of the condo! It was crazy they were right next to me. I took some great shots of them. I wish the water wasn't so murky back there. Hailey ended up joining me on the dock and we watched the manatee together for about 2o minutes before they swam away back into the bay. Amazing! I seriously could have reached out and touched them with my foot off the dock! :) Anyway, here are the pictures!
And the last shot is them finally swimming away! So fun!

It just started to get really windy here and storm clouds are coming over the island. We might get rained on for a few minutes. I am hoping it clears up because the clouds and the rain should make for an AWESOME sunset to photograph! Hope you all are having a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Lisa Clouse said...

Love it!!! Great shots as always! What a fun experience to see the manatees! I hope you have a fun rest of the trip!!

Sara said...

Sooooo jealous! It looks like you guys are having a great time! I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip and get lots of sunny weather. And I would never have known those were manatees! I probably would have run screaming if I saw them :) Have fun!

Nana said...

Loved the manatees, what a wonderful day. Praying that my grandbabies are feeling much better today. I think you should save that picture of Micah and maybe we can Photoshop his eyes on other photographs. We seemed that I was with you even though it is warm. Love to everyone,

Love, Mama