On a side note, many of you know I have been concerned about Hailey lately. She has had a runny nose for the last 8 weeks. I have brought her to the doctor 3 times for her nose in the last 8 weeks. She has been on 3 different antibiotics for it and nothing seems to be kicking it. So this Friday we went she went for her 5 year old check up and they weighed her and she hadn't gained weight from her weight last year. The doctor seemed concerned and send her up to the hospital for blood work labs and a facial x-ray to find out what was wrong with her sinus cavities. Hailey did awesome. Her blood work came back good. She is anemic and needs to be on iron vitamins but everything else with her blood looked awesome which was a huge relief to us. Her facial x-ray came back showing that her sinus cavities behind her cheeks are horribly infected. The doctor said she will probably have to be on two different antibiotics for the next 6-8 weeks. She doesn't care too much for the medicine she is on so that ought to be super fun! I was so proud of how brave Hailey was. She didn't even cry when they poked her to draw blood. (She screamed hysterically when she got her flu shot though...hahahaha) Anyway, say a little prayer for our little girl if you think of it. We are excited for her to be feeling better and more like herself. By the time her antibiotics work she will have had a runny nose for almost 3 months. That would be miserable for anyone!!!!!
One last thing, we had her conference with her teacher and she is doing amazing in school! The teacher said she is at a Kindergarten level and can already do everything they require the Fab Five students to do at the end of the year. We are so proud of her! Oh and one other thing that she would want us to tell you is that she can now count to 100! She is very proud of that. She has been calling grandma's and grandpa's and counting to them over the phone. She is too cute. Anyway, That is all for updates for now. Between the post I just did right before this and this one... I am blogged out!











1 comment:
Happy birthday, sweet Hailey girl! I'm so sorry you've been so sick but I'm happy to hear you were so very brave for your tests. Aaron sends you lots of xoxoxoxo, too.
Happy 5th birthday!
Post a Comment